On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Chris Staub <ch...@beaker67.com> wrote:

> On 11/05/2009 03:54 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > pieter blomme wrote:
> >> This is wat version-check.sh outputs (after I installed gawk (again, I
> had
> >> already done once manually from the soundcloud database, but something
> might
> >> have gone wrong ofcourse)):
> >>
> >> bash, version 4.0.33(1)-release
> >> /bin/sh ->  /bin/dash
> >
> > First mistake. Change the symlink
> >
> No need for that...long as /bin/bash is specified for the LFS user.
> --

Sorry for top-posting, and for being an ignorant fool.  Version-check
currently looks like this:
bash, version 4.0.33(1)-release
/bin/sh -> /bin/sh
Binutils: (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.20
bison (GNU Bison) 2.4.1
/usr/bin/yacc -> /usr/bin/yacc
bzip2,  Version 1.0.5, 10-Dec-2007.
Coreutils:  7.4
diff (GNU diffutils) 2.8.1
find (GNU findutils) 4.4.2
GNU Awk 3.1.6
/usr/bin/awk -> /usr/bin/gawk
gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8) 4.4.1
GNU C Library (EGLIBC) stable release version
GNU grep 2.5.4
gzip 1.3.12
Linux version 2.6.31-14-386 (bui...@rothera) (gcc version 4.4.1 (Ubuntu
4.4.1-4ubuntu8) ) #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 16:41:14 UTC 2009
m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.13
GNU Make 3.81
patch 2.5.9
Perl version='5.10.0';
GNU sed version 4.2.1
tar (GNU tar) 1.22
makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.13
Compilation OK

There's no problem with the awk-link, is there?
Will reformat the partition and try a second time.  I learned something, so
it was worth it.