On Thursday 01 July 2010 20:57:33 Face wrote:
> Ken,
> Well, I am really sorry for all the trouble i caused. I start over b/c
> i could not fix the earlier Problem, really sorry.

Sometimes, deleting everything and starting anew is all you *can* do. After
you've built LFS 10-20 times, you'll recognize common problems and know you
have to start over. Once you have built LFS 50-100 times, you'll have learned
to recognize what is wrong, why it is wrong (what you mistyped), and how far
back you have to go to fix it, and what you have to undo along the way.

Like James T. Kirk and the Kobayashi Maru, I cheated. I started with
Smoothwall's build system, which was based on LFS years ago. But it still
took months to figure it out, and I still have trouble integrating the latest
LFS with the build system. I read the LFS page, understand it, type it into
the Makefile, proofread it thrice, and I *still* get it wrong! Ah, well. Such
are the joys of learning. :)

(Lest anyone think otherwise, LFS is NOT, by any means, a no-win
scenario. :) :) Kirk and the Kobayashi Maru just happens to be a handy
example of cheating.)