On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 7:42 AM, William Immendorf wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 2:04 AM, Mike <m-jack...@charter.net> wrote:
>> I am in /sources/gmp-5.0.1  directory.
>> This is a x86_64 dual core so I am trying to use the ABI=32 option.
>> I must have something wrong but I don't see what.
>> Any suggestios?  I tried deleteing the directory and starting over
>> with this
>> one but got the same thing.
>> If I understand it correctly I need to use the abi=32 env arg
> Your problem is that you are building an Pure64 bit system, and on
> that system, that arg makes no sense.
>
> Remove ABI=32 from configure and run it again.
>

> --
> William Immendorf
> The ultimate in free computing.
> Messages in plain text, please, no HTML.
> GPG key ID: 1697BE98
> If it's not signed, it's not from me.

Yes it will compile like that but will it be able to run on pure 32-bit
system i.e. not x86-64. If I understood it correctly that option was to
make it so it would.
Thanks for your reply and help.  I started this about a year ago and
decided I needed to learn quite a bit more in particular about shell
scripting so I left the idea and studied quite a bit.  It has been worth
it for this alone.