Before I say anything, really, can you please send to the list next
time and not to me or anyone else? There is a reply function on your
mail client - I want you to use that next time. Don't reply above the
message, reply below it. And please trim posts.

Anyway,

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 1:27 AM, janu mam <janakiramulu.mt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i started lfs6.7,so i am in middle,i cant skip to 6.8(any way let me finish
> lfs6.7)
> here i have small doubt
Good. But next time, always use the latest version of LFS out there.
>   when i type  whole @ chapter  6
>
>  'echo $LFS' its not giving any result,why
> it should display set environment variable
> why did i use wrong that
You are misunderstanding the instructions. $LFS points to the
directory in which the LFS system is mounted. When you are in the
chroot environment, you are in $LFS. So, there is no need for $LFS to
be set.

(to editors: Addendum about this?)
> chroot command @ chroot "$LFS" /tools/bin/env -i \
> HOME=/root TERM="$TERM" PS1='\u:\w\$ ' \
> PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin \
> /tools/bin/bash --login +h
> ----------------------------do i need to remove -i option in env command
No. The -i option of env (according to the man page) means to start
with an empty environment, and that means that extra environment
variables from the host are removed.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.