On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 11:12 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Webmaster wrote:
> > I never "check", because if the check passed it's useless but if the
> > check failed you can do nothing.
>
> Then you do not understand the purpose of testing. I've heard
> many a manager say more or less the same thing.

Harsh. Automated tests are primarily for developers to spot regressions
in their own code - if they happen to be useful to spot problems in an
LFS build, that's just a bonus for us.

Personally, I don't bother - they're critical when I'm writing code, but
I rarely take the time to run them when simply installing someone else's
work.

Simon.