Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:02:58 -0400
>> "Bill Cunningham" <bill...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>     Now it's not glibc I am concerned about my new builds of c++ and
>> gfortran compilers are failing. C is the only thing that works. and
>> the g++-3.2.2 that came with RH9. I'm using it to compile gcc-4.5.3
>> and 4.6.1 and running into the same problem. Can't find libstd++.so.6
>> or a shared like that. The thing is it's right there and the dynamic
>> linker sees it. Maybe ld isn't seeing it. Something's not right.
>
> Hi. I haven't been following this discussion, and I only skimmed over
> the mails, but could you please explain in what order are you building
> stuff, as well as where your stuff is and exactly which thing is
> where.
>
> This looks similar to a problem I used to have when I would try to
> build a complete system, with a toolchain minisystem, in the "wrong"
> place.
>
> To wit, if you build the toolchain minisystem, chroot, then build the
> system glibc in /{,usr}, you will have no problems. But, if you try to
> build it in some other place: /some-other-place, the process will
> fail.
>
> If you did stuff by the book, make sure to see if you properly
> adjusted/readjusted the compiler. See chapter 6.10.

    Right now lfs is on hold. I'm just trying to build a native compiler
such as 4.5.3 or 4.6.1 and binutils-2.21.1. For my system to compile lfs
stuff on. I build it and install it in usr/local (remember this right now
has nothing to do with lfs) and I only get a working C compiler though I
used --enable-languages=c,c++ maybe I should go to http://gcc.gnu.org

Bill