HI.

Le samedi 05 mai à 01:02, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> Qrux wrote:
>
> > If LFS is just a source code project, then to some extent you can say that
> > prose style or organization is irrelevant.  It's not, because it's often
> > repeated that it's a book, as well.  So, style is important, because
> > organization can aid understanding.
>
> The descriptions and the organization is important, but it satisfies most
> users.
> We probably go through this discussion two are three time a year.  Each time
> it's a single user that doesn't quite get it (you got it without problem).
> Since we have over 23000 registered users, I'd say that the vast majority get
> value from the book as it is.  I'm not willing to make major changes for a
> vocal
> few.  We will have to agree to disagree and move on.

I would like to say that the book is nearly perfect ; it seems to me that
people having troubles with it have not read it like a book (from the
beginning and without skiping paragraphs or sections) or people having no
sufficient knowledges about linux. The LFS book is not a magazine where you
can pick up informations from a page or another.

When I was a young mathematic student, and when I read a book on a new
topic for me, I didn't skipped theorems or proofs ; that should have been
the best way to misunderstand.

Another point is : if some people complain about the book (and often
because they are not in the audience of the book), is it a good reason to
modify every thing ? I don't think so. The best is to try to help those
people on the list even if it is not always easy :-)

--
Ph. Delavalade