On 12/08/12 21:39, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Keiran wrote:
>
>>> That tells me that gcc is not installed or binutils wasn't installed
>>> correctly.  What is the output of the script in Section iii - Host
>>> System Requirements?
>> bash, version 4.2.24(1)-release
>> Binutils: (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.22
>> bison (GNU Bison) 2.5
>> bzip2,  Version 1.0.6, 6-Sept-2010.
>> Coreutils:  8.13
>> diff (GNU diffutils) 3.2
>> find (GNU findutils) 4.4.2
>> GNU Awk 3.1.8
>> gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3
>> (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.15-0ubuntu10) 2.15
>> grep (GNU grep) 2.10
>> gzip 1.4
>> Linux version 3.2.0-29-generic-pae (buildd@roseapple) (gcc version 4.6.3
>> (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:25:43 UTC 2012
>> m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.16
>> GNU Make 3.81
>> patch 2.6.1
>> Perl version='5.14.2';
>> GNU sed version 4.2.1
>> tar (GNU tar) 1.26
>> Texinfo: makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.13
>> xz (XZ Utils) 5.1.0alpha
>> gcc compilation OK
> OK gcc is installed, but you don't list the symlinks you have:
>
> /bin/sh -> /bin/bash
> /usr/bin/yacc -> /usr/bin/yacc
> /usr/bin/awk -> /usr/bin/gawk
>
> Make sure the environment variable LFS is correct and that the target
> partition is mounted correctly.  Also check that $LFS/tools exists and
> the symlink is there in /.
>
> I suggest redoing binutils and then follow the instructions for gcc
> exactly as written.
>
>     -- Bruce
I removed the said symlinks from the email, I wasn't sure they'd be
necessary to be there.

Already checked that $LFS is going to the correct place, /tools and the
symlink for that too.

I have already tried redoing binutils, I formatted the partition earlier
on today thinking that I may have mistyped something and started from
scratch, same issue, had the problem then, even tried building on a
different host to no avail.

Thank you

Keiran