thank you for your response!

sorry if I come across as angry at the list I'm not, I just wish this process
was something somebody had figured out by now given all the distress that exist
out there.. it seems far fetched that I have to use pretty much the extent of
my skills to do this sort of thing.

I've definitely had to stop and do things by hands every so often...

having trouble on this though,

dev@dev-VirtualBox /mnt/erraticOS/usr/src/tcl-mirror/unix $ make install
Installing libtcl8.5.so to /tools/lib/
Installing tclsh as /tools/bin/tclsh8.5
Installing tclConfig.sh to /tools/lib/
Installing libtclstub8.5.a to /tools/lib/
Installing message catalogs
./tclsh: error while loading shared libraries: __vdso_time: invalid mode for
dlopen(): Invalid argument
make: *** [install-msgs] Error 127
dev@dev-VirtualBox /mnt/erraticOS/usr/src/tcl-mirror/unix $

I noticed if I try to skip this one and substitute tclsh that I can get by but
I keep running into problems similar to this one like with check and nurses:

make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/erraticOS/usr/src/ncurses/progs'
gcc ../obj_s/tic.o ../obj_s/dump_entry.o ../obj_s/transform.o  -I../progs -I.
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -I. -I../include -I/tools/include -O2
--param max-inline-insns-single=1200 -fPIC  -L../lib -lncurses -L../lib
-lncurses    -o tic
../lib/libncurses.so: undefined reference to `__poll_chk'
make[1]: *** [tic] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/erraticOS/usr/src/ncurses/progs'
make: *** [all] Error 2

not real sure what to make of it but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually if
nobody here knows.. it's been an interesting learning experience if nothing
else :)