On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:34:00AM -0800, Paige Thompson wrote:
> - I'm not looking for fewer unusual problems, I want to learn how this works
> and figure out what's going on so I can solve these problems on my own.

 Stage one: follow what others have done, and attempt to understand
it.  Stage two, make your own changes, and see if you have enough
experience and understanding to fix the problems.

> - I'm not using bleeding edge version of everything, I've gone through the
> trouble to check out the appropriate branches in all repositories and if
> that’s not enough, I've reset to specific commit hashes just to be sure.

 OK, I saw you pulling lots of things into git trees.

> - I insist on adjusting my versions according to this:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/ if someone else can get
> that to work then I should be able to as well.

 Mostly - as I said in my reply while you were sending this out, it
worked for someone (barring typos in what was committed) but it
*might* break something later (typically, something will fail to
compile and need a patch or a sed - I've seen that happen with
toolchain changes, but also with e.g. bison, grep)

> - you guys don’t post section 4.4 and 5.2 here ?
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/

excuse me?
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter04/settingenvironment.html
and
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter05/toolchaintechnotes.html

> - I'm sorry but the only reason I top-posted was to add additional
> information that I thought would be helpful in getting information as to what
> is going on with my toolchain. I also use a thread view email client.

 And you top-posted again, by failing to trim (or in this case
remove entirely, now that the context is effectively lost by putting
it somewhere below your individual replies) what I said :-)

 Yes, I know that is how windows users use email, but that doesn't
make it right for a technical list.  Not everyone uses thread-view
on all lists.

ĸen