Rob wrote:
One of the things missing from the LFS book is the inclusion of
accessibility services, such as speakup and BRLTTY. Now these services
aren't exactly essential for most users, but for those with vision
impairment, we need them in order to use the basic system. These
packages should be installed during chroot so that we could have speech
and braille after (and optionally during)  the boot process. I managed
to do this, but I thought it would be helfpul to include at least a
page on the LFS hints site; and a reference to such a page in the LFS
book. What can I do to get such a thing published up there?

The way this type of thing is handled is by someone writing a hint:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/howtowrite.html

We can then add a reference to the hint in the book.

  -- Bruce