On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 06:02:20 -0500
"Rob" <captinlo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well it's using kernel 3.14. We're at kernel 4.7.2. I am not sure about the
> security risks of running such old stuff. The copyright date is 2014. That's
> what I meant by a few years behind.

Both LFS and CLFS are a guide. Since we aren't bleeding edge with distros
doesn't mean the instructions won't result the required position. We have
plenty of tickets to keep us busy at http://trac.clfs.org. The fact that the
book is at a 3.14 kernel means nothing. The stable book is the latest release.
The great new features are in the dev book. Follow that and review the tickets
for the upcoming updates to the dev book for the future release. If we get a
break in real world prioritized responsibilities, then the book may get some
excellent updates. Until then, we are working at a frivolous pace.

Sincerely,
William Harrington