On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 08:43:11PM -0500, Michael Shell wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 17:26:13 +0000
> Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody have a link for (any) updated AMD firmware?  Ryzen is
> > model 17h, AFAICS linux firmware has nothing for that, and the
> > firmware for earlier models has not been updated in a long time.
>

> I also sure would like a link to that if anyone here knows it. That
> said, the Debian page for the AMD microcode is here:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64-microcode
>
> There is also a place on github where Linux related firmware is
> distributed from. The AMD CPU microcode area of that is here:
>
> https://github.com/wkennington/linux-firmware/tree/master/amd-ucode
>
> But no updates since 2016 so far. Sigh.

If anybody has an EPYC[1], SuSe has a srpm - but it doesn't apply to
Ryzens, and the kerneli might need a patch because it had known
nothing about Ryzen microcode and tests against an old default size
(not sure which versions have that patch) - details at
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/56951

Clearly this is aimed at Spectre.

I saw the kernel patch a while ago, which is why I was hopeful about
microcode.  But I don't even have a Ryzen so for me that part is
academic.

1. The server version of Zen, aimed at Data Centres, so I can
understand why that would get priority.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.