On 24.6.2018. 10:01, Frans de Boer wrote:
On 06/22/2018 07:30 AM, Michael Shell wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 20:44:57 +0200
Frans de Boer <fr...@fransdb.nl> wrote:

Alas, tried everything from the site including the init statement to no
avail. The shell does not start due to an unapropriate ioctl.

According to this:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=179344

You should be able to overcome the inappropriate ioctl warning
simply by hitting enter to get the command prompt back.

Also, try

init=/bin/bash

rather than init=/bin/sh

You can also try/add:

systemd.unit=emergency.target

or

systemd.unit=rescue.target

on the kernel command line. But, try to get

init=/bin/bash

on the kernel command line to work first - that is a last resort failsafe
that should always work. If that won't boot, we can't expect systemd
or anything else to come up.

Remember, once you get a shell, you will have to do a

mount -o remount,rw /

to get the root directory mounted read/write.

   Mike
Same story, nothing happens.
I do notice, however, that on the listing by systemd capabilities the text -ELFUTILS is used. I do compile the elfutils, but somehow systemd does not use them. Is that a likely source of the problem?

Regards,
Frans.

If you install elfutils the LFS way, it will always be like that. systemd needs full package (well, all libs and headers at least).