On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 01:25:29 -0400
Michael Shell <li...@michaelshell.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 16:06:00 +0800
> Xi Ruoyao <r...@stu.xidian.edu.cn> wrote:
>
> > Now I only use "initrd" directive to update CPU microcode and fix the
> > buggy ACPI DSDT of my laptop (another sad story).

> And as there now seems to be several people who suffer with the
>ACPI DSDT driver bug, you guys should make sure upstream is aware
> of the problem, if they aren't already.

>   Cheers,
>
>   Mike
>
> --
I did a git bisect on my system, but I couldn't make much sense of the result.
The commit it finally settled on didn't seem to have anything to with acpi.

[quote]
Bisecting: 2 revisions left to test after this (roughly 1 step)
[9af9b94068fb1ea3206a700fc222075966fbef14] x86/cpu/AMD: Handle SME reduction in
physical address size

Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 1 step)
[33c2b803edd13487518a2c7d5002d84d7e9c878f] x86/mm: Remove phys_to_virt() usage
in ioremap()

Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 0 steps)
[7744ccdbc16f0ac4adae21b3678af93775b3a386] x86/mm: Add Secure Memory Encryption
(SME) support
[unquote]

I sent the result to the kernel acpi development list but never got an answer.
If someone else on this list wants to try, I can send him my complete bisect
logs.

--
Hazel