I've run into a problem in building Version 20200101-systemd Section
6.9. Glibc-2.30.

After several repetitions of compiling, I've found that if I run
"make check", the various localedef invocations that follow, like
"localedef -i cs_CZ -f UTF-8 cs_CZ.UTF-8", sometimes fail with a message like
"cannot create temporary file: /tools/lib/locale/locale-archive.J6uC5g:
No such file or directory".
However, if I skip "make check", all of the "localedef" commands
run ok.

After some investigation I found the following:

The behavior is partly repeatable, in the sense that in doing about
half a dozen builds, sometimes the problem appeared and sometimes not.
I could see no pattern to the failures and successes. The final time
I ran "make check", all of the "localedef ..." commands succeeded.
So I've proceeded with the rest of Section 6 to nearly the end.

Before doing all builds again, I wiped the hard drive and started
from scratch, installing everything in the LFS book up through
Section 6.9.

A few details:

After all the runs of "make check", whether "localedef ..." succeeded
or not, /tools/lib exists but /tools/lib/locale does not exist. So
the question is: why is "localedef" sometimes looking for a
non-existent directory?

At this point everything seems to be running properly, and I've
begun installing BLFS software.

Alan