Hello:

    I have gotten most of the way through a build of LFS numerous times,
processing and resolving error messages. I have yet to reach the finish
line. Most of the time it ends with messages such as "recipe content" or
something similar with a resolution that is just beyond me. The closest
I have reached is to the kernel build.

    I believe that the previous combinations of Linux distro (for the
host system) and LFS version have not been sufficiently well-matched.
(Hardware: I am using an Intel-based 32-bit host with a 3.00 GHz CPU, 4
GB of RAM, and plenty of hard drive space including a partition
dedicated to the LFS project.) Although I am partial to Ubuntu, I would
be willing to install any distro. I have installed numerous distro types
before.

    Many of the 32-bit LFS versions appear to have files missing in the
repository, which renders the fileset useless unless exact replacements
could be downloaded from another source. So far, I do not know where
such replacements would reside.

    I am convinced that finding a top-notch matchup of host distro and
LFS version is the solution. In case anyone in the group knows of such a
32-bit combination, with a full set of files available for download, I
would really like to know.

    Comment is invited.

Brian