On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 08:16:49PM +0100, Jakub Drozd wrote:
> Hi, I thank you for all the help that you sent to me, and I started, as You
> said, from chapter 5, and I done many sections up to 7.13. All the required
> information is are this WeTransfer link:  we.tl we.tl   In this message.txt
> file, I have all the error info. This WeTransfer link expires in 7 days after
> I send this message. I have one last question: do there is a way to avoid
> starting from scratch and redoing all the tedious tasks? I will appreciate
> for help.  Best regards,  Jakub Drozd

You are sending mail as multipart-alternative. When I read your
email using my plain text reader, the attachment is ignored and the
text is exactly what is shown in the list archive:
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2021-January/053995.html

That has no link.

In your alternatives you have also sent html and from that I can see
that the link is https://we.tl/t-zJ4zEvUac5

Looks pretty dodgy (copy and paste is usually easier), but wikipedia
thinks the site is probably legitimate, so I downloaded
'message.txt'. Pasting from that:

Problematic package and section: util-linux, section-7.13

Error message: when running make "

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/sources/util-linux-2.36'
Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory '/sources/util-linux-2.36/po'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/sources/util-linux-2.36/po'
make[2]: Entering directory '/sources/util-linux-2.36'
  CCLD     more
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-lfs-linux-gnu/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-lfs-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
 cannot find -lncursesw
make[2]: *** [Makefile:7349: more] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/sources/util-linux-2.36'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:13634: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/sources/util-linux-2.36'
make: *** [Makefile:5854: all] Error 2"

We install ncurses for the first time in section 6.3.  If you look
at the end of that page you should see that we move the libraries to
$LFS/lib and then we have to recreate the symlink for
/usr/lib/libncursesw.so.

Either you missed one or both of those steps, or something went
wrong.  You are now in chroot (creating additional temporary tools
which get installed and later overwritten), so $LFS has no meaning
in chroot and whatever you installed from ncurses is either in /lib
or /usr/lib while you remain in chroot.

So, to fix this:

ls -l /lib/libncursesw.so* /usr/lib/libncursesw.so*

You should find that the files are present in /lib and that
/usr/lib/libncursesw.so is a symlink and points to something which
does not exist.

It ought to point to ../../lib/libncursesw.so.6

If /lib/libncursesw.so.6 exists and /usr/lib/libncursesw.so is a
broken symlink or missing, just recreate the symlink.  If things have
got damaged, 'readlink' may not do the right thing, so just:

ln -sfv ../../usr/lib/libncursesw.so /usr/lib/libncursesw.so.

Alternatively, if you omitted to move the shared libraries, and $LFS
is not set in your chroot environment (check that first!) you can
use the book's commands from 6.3 to move them and fix up the
symlink.

ĸen
--
The right of the people to keep and arm Bears, shall not be infringed.