On Thu, 2021-02-04 at 21:50 +0100, Frans de Boer wrote:
> On 04/02/2021 21:21, Pierre Labastie wrote:

> > > No, what is installed is /usr/include/seccomp.h, not the one what
> > > is
> > > needed.
> > I think this need some clarification on your side: when did you get
> > that missing include? When compiling the first pass of file (in
> > build),
> > or the second pass?
> >
> > In the first pass, you depend on what is on the host, it's a
> > "normal"
> > compilation on host. It may be that seccomp.h is missing on the
> > host,
> > some -dev or -devel package is not installed. I've never seen that
> > before.
> >
> > In the second pass, you depend on what is in $LFS, and yes
> > seccomp.h is
> > installed in 5.4.1 (see last line of the instructions):
> > usr/include
> > (no /, so relative to the kernel build dir) is copied recursively
> > $LFS/usr.
> >
> > Pierre
> >

> Pierre,
>
> As stated above, it happens in the first pass.
> I have on the host both /usr/include/seccomp.h and
> /usr/include/libseccomp/seccomp.h.
>
> However, on the LFS side we only have the first one. And since the
> first
> pass is compiled with the LFS includes

It shoudn't, how do you want the build system to know about $LFS if not
passed --host? The compiler that is used is the one on host: you can
check in the logs:
checking for gcc... gcc.
The only gcc in the PATH is the one on host (or at least, it should be
the only one at this stage).

But maybe the problem is that the host /usr/include/seccomp.h tries to
include /usr/include/linux/seccomp.h, and you do not have that one.

Actually, I do not have /usr/include/libseccomp/seccomp.h on any host.
On several I only have /usr/include/linux/seccomp.h. On some I have
/usr/include/seccomp.h too.

I think what is needed by file is:
- if the library /usr/lib/libseccomp.so is found on the host and
  --disable-libseccomp is not passed:
   /usr/include/seccomp.h and /usr/include/linux/seccomp.h (on
   the host)
- if the library /usr/lib/libseccomp.so is not found on the host or
  --disable-libseccomp is passed:
     nothing...

Note that I do not want to point out an error on your side or whatever:
just try to understand what can go wrong...

Pierre