On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 10:06:22PM +0000, Roger wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 20:04:10 +0000, Ken Moffat
> <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >The segfault is in objtool (see my reply to Pierre) and the output
> >object file got deleted.  I was using 5.14.1, my gzipped config,
> >objtool and core dump are now at
> >http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/tmp/
>
> Using your config I get a seg fault at
> arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.o which is interesting because earlier
> I did a "make x86_64_defconfig" and there was no seg fault. In
> fact the compilation finished without error.
> --
> Roger

Years ago, I learned that the defconfig target was only likely to be
useful if you had the same hardware as Linus.  Since then, I think
that defconfigs get updated much less - new additions should not be
enabled by default (although options to enable them, such as the
reworking of net drivers, and more recently perhaps some setting to
make LED drivers visible) are allowed and other things get pulled in
as dependencies which turn out to be hard to turn off.

Thanks for trying my config.

ĸen
--
Any attempt to brew coffee with a teapot should result in the error
code "418 I'm a teapot". The resulting entity body MAY be short and