On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 16:02:30 +0100
Thomas Seeling <thomas.seel...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> >> is it possible to query the "breadcrumb" of a grub boot process?
> >> Is there a query function that I can use to find out how my
> >> system got bootstrapped?
>
> > Use a single boot partition and install grub to use that.
>
> I can understand the rationale and the bigger picture for the
> recommendation but I'd like to better understand the inner workings
> of grub. This is the main reason why I asked.
>
> I'm doing devops for lots of machines where I can't change the boot
> layout (big company, policies, governance etc.). Most of them
> really have 2 partitions (similar to the concept of Android A/B
> emmc layout). I want to find out the boot process breadcrumb to be
> sure where things are getting installed to.
>
> Stay healthy,
> Thomas
> --
> "Do you wanna be a legend or a passing footprint on the sands of
> time?"

%files
%defattr(-, root,root, 0755)

%doc AUTHORS COPYING NEWS README THANKS TODO ABOUT-NLS BUGS
%dir /boot/%{name}
%{_sysconfdir}/%{name}.d
%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/default/%{name}
%{_sbindir}/%{name}-*
%{_bindir}/%{name}-*
%{_libdir}/%{name}/{i386-pc,x86_64-efi}/*
%{_infodir}/%{name}*.info.gz
%{_datadir}/%{name}/%{name}-mkconfig_lib
%{_datadir}/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/%{name}.mo
%{_datadir}/bash_completion/completions/%{name}
%{_mandir}/man1/%{name}-*.1.gz
%{_mandir}/man8/%{name}-*.8.gz

I am missing the point of your question