Hi,

I am trying to mirror files using lftp, I have tested a use case where a
file at the source machine gets modified but the file name remains the
same. After mirroring, lftp is unable to replace the old file and also
leaves a temporary file.

For example. If source have file a.txt and its mirrored successfully at the
destination, now if I update a.txt append some content and save it with
same name. If I run lftp mirror again then its not able to replace the
existing a.txt but it also leaves the temp file a.txt_transit_ behind. And
if i run the mirror multiple times it always downloads the changed a.txt, i
can see this from the lftp logs.

Suggestion: Will it make sense to keep versions of the files as they are
updated at the source. Like if a.txt is changed at source then lftp mirror
will save it as a.txt_{TIMESTAMP}_. Every time a file is updated it will be
saved with a new time stamp. And mirror will consider these file to decide
whether to download or not.

Thanks,
Akshay