Felipe Contreras wrote:
2012/2/26 Måns Rullgård<m...@mansr.com>:
 Felipe Contreras<felipe.contre...@gmail.com>  writes:
 This patch series is a first try of implementing support for TI's OMAP3 DSP
 algorithms. These algorithms are privided officially by TI and distributed in
 many products like the Nokia N900, and also publicly for non-commercial
 purposes[1]. The interface to access then is through tidspbridge driver is is
 linux's staging area[2].

 I still object to naming this "tidsp".

The library is named libtidsp, that's outside of the purview of libav,
and it's my call how to name it. It's named after the tidspbridge
driver. If you don't like the name of the driver, complain on the
staging mailing list.

still, call it "tidspbridge" or even "dspbridge" in libav...

 Furthermore, it is quite clear
 that the tidspbridge interface is dead, used only on abandoned products
 like the N900.

First of all, the tidspbridge driver is the *only* DSP-related driver
that lives on the vanilla Linux kernel (drivers/staging/tidspbridge),
and it's the *only* one that has the chance to be merged to the main
tree.

Secondly, it's used in all kinds of phones, including Android phones.
They are old because they use OMAP3.

Thirdly, the N900 is not abandoned, I, and many other people, still
have and use their N900, and there's an active community working on
it.

and you forgot the N9 which is not old or abandoned, is it?

In the meantime, libtidsp is here, and it works, and there's no other
interface that is in the vanilla Linux kernel today, nor in the planed
near, or far future. There's only tidspbridge, and remoteproc, that's
it.

I like my shed bluepinkgreen