Luca Barbato wrote:
On 2/26/12 9:20 PM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
 On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Luca Barbato<lu_z...@gentoo.org>   wrote:
 On 2/26/12 8:37 PM, Måns Rullgård wrote:
 Felipe Contreras<felipe.contre...@gmail.com>     writes:
 This patch series is a first try of implementing support for TI's OMAP3
 DSP
 algorithms. These algorithms are privided officially by TI and
 distributed in
 many products like the Nokia N900, and also publicly for non-commercial
 purposes[1]. The interface to access then is through tidspbridge driver
 is is
 linux's staging area[2].

 I still object to naming this "tidsp".  Furthermore, it is quite clear
 that the tidspbridge interface is dead, used only on abandoned products
 like the N900.

 libdce would be better?

 libdce is for OMAP4, and requires syslink, which is not in the Linux
 kernel, nor will it ever be. syslink is truly abandoned, tidspbridge
 is not.

So shall we support both?

both what? For now what we have is support for a dsp framework
using TI's "dspbridge" which is also the name used in the kernel.

So all we are asking is to call it "tidspbridge" or "dspbridge"
in libav because there is another framework still in use called
dsplink *and* there are DSPs in future TI chips that will use
whatever frameworks and that we can then name "tidspwhatever"