On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:46:51PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:13:37PM +0100, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> > Quoting Diego Biurrun (2017-01-11 18:09:57)
> > > The next set of bitstream reader patches, for (more or less) fringe
> > > stuff that does not require extensive benchmarking.
> >
> > So there's non-extensive benchmarking? Or what you actually mean no
> > benchmarking at all? I would be very much against the latter -- while
> > those codecs are not in the top ten, they are not obscure game codecs
> > either. At least some of them certainly are routinely used.
>
> No, I did not benchmark these codecs, nor did I plan to benchmark them.
> This is not the way forward. We need to decide which codecs need no
> benchmarks.

To be more precise, I'm running x86_64 and x86_32 benchmarks with your
scripts and samples already. If more codecs than the ones covered by
your sample set need benchmarking, we should decide that soon, because
these benchmarks are time-consuming. At least half the codecs in this
set are much too fringe to warrant spending time and effort on
benchmarking them though.

Diego