On 07/03/2011 11:07, declan harrison wrote:
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Mark Kenna
<mark.ke...@sureviewsystems.com>  wrote:
I have a fairly silly question to ask:

I am creating an application which encodes real-time screen captures to raw
h264. I stream this data to a client over a simple IP connection (also in
real time). What I would like to do is wrap the raw h264 in a mpeg4
container format so that it can be played by Silverlight/Mobile devices with
correct playback speeds.

My question is whether it is possible to wrap a potentially infinite stream
of h264 within a mp4 container?
Silverlight requires the use of fragmented MP4 files.  ffmpeg Mp4
muxer doesnt support this currently.  Yes you should be able to keep
sending Mp4 fragments to a compliant device