On 7/16/07, Markus Hoenicka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
>
> Duncan McQueen writes:
>  > #ifdef __MINGW32__
>  > #include <winsock.h>
>  > #endif
>  >
>  > However, could a similar change be committed to the code?  This will
>  > allow the MinGW platform to compile this driver.
>  >

> I've committed the fix you suggested. It can't do any harm on other
> systems, so if that's all it takes to make the driver work on MinGW
> we're all done.
>
> I wasn't quite sure where to put the above lines though. According to
> your compiler log the file must be included before mysql.h, but does
> winsock.h itself have any dependencies? I've put the conditional in
> front of all includes, hoping that there are no such
> dependencies. Could you please check the version from the CVS
> repository to make sure it works?

I am sorry I haven't gotten to this earlier, but I will test out this
fix shortly.

One thing I have noticed (and I don't yet have the full technical
details of what is happening), but if the libdbi MySQL driver attempts
to connect to an unknown or unavailable database - there is a nasty
crash on my WIndows application.

> BTW I recall you compiled the PostgreSQL driver without a hitch. Is
> there any chance to test the sqlite/sqlite3 drivers as well? I reckon this
> should not be too hard as sqlite/sqlite3 also compile as Win32
> apps. With these drivers being ok we could claim full MinGW support
> for the core drivers.

I will rest sqllite shortly.  Also, isn't Firebird a core driver as
well?  I have a vested interest in getting that to work - has anyone
tried under MinGW?