At 2014-11-02 19:05 Alex Bligh was heard to say:
> I have a very simple program (below) only marginally adapted from the
> example here:
>
> http://libdbi.sourceforge.net/docs/programmers-guide/quickstart-code.html
>
> which works, but when run through valgrind produces an enormous number
> of errors.
> The program in its entirety is below. It makes a connection to pgsql,
> does no
> queries, and immediately shuts the connection.
>
> I'm not so much worried about the alleged memory leaks but the 85
> instances of
> "Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)". I don't
> know if this is a real problem, but even if not the challenge here
> is that /any/ query via dbi is now tainted as uninitialised, so it's
> impossible
> to see 'real' errors.
>
> I've not attached a full valgrind dump as it's enormous. However, you
> can see
> the first two below.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi,

I wouldn't bet from valgrind's output that it is libdbi variables which
are uninitialized. Can you re-run your test with a different database
engine? I'd suggest using the sqlite3 driver as this engine has few if
any external dependencies.

regards,
Markus

--