At 2014-11-04 11:41 Alex Bligh was heard to say:
> On 3 Nov 2014, at 22:54, Markus Hoenicka <markus.hoeni...@mhoenicka.de>
> wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't bet from valgrind's output that it is libdbi variables
>> which are uninitialized. Can you re-run your test with a different
>> database engine? I'd suggest using the sqlite3 driver as this engine
>> has few if any external dependencies.
>
> I reran with mysql and it doesn't appear. I presume it's the pgsql dbi
> driver.

This is one explanation. Another explanation is that the PostgreSQL
client library or one of the libraries it depends on causes these
messages. Could you please fire up the psql command line utility under
valgrind and do what your test program does, i.e. establish a
connection? If this test does not report unitialized variables, we'll
have to revisit the pgsql driver.

regards,
Markus

--