On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:28 AM, Nathan of Guardian <
nat...@guardianproject.info> wrote:

> On 02/06/2013 01:22 PM, Ali-Reza Anghaie wrote:
> >
> > How can projects like Privly play into it? Carrying a Tor Router along
> > with you or building one on-site. None of the operational matters will
> > ever be squarely addressed by one platform but it all can be
> > decision-treed out nicely.
>
> You could also use Orbot with wifi-tether on Android phone. It can
> transparent proxy all the wifi hotspot traffic over Tor.

Using an android phone as a tether seems much more normal and fits the
profile of an international traveler. Carrying a router around might not be
the best option for staying low-profile.

I like Chrome OS but am addicted to Pidgin with OTR. It's really the only
thing keeping me from trying out a Chromebook. (Even Photoshop is available
'in the cloud'). If you need to install a few programs locally but like the
overall idea and features, JoliOS looks to be a good option:
http://www.jolicloud.com/jolios

Somewhat off-topic: I reject the idea that because something isn't right
for Syrians, that it's not useful. There is an incredible spectrum of
threat models to consider. And usability is a factor. It's worth
considering that state-sponsored Windows spyware is a major problem. But
people still use it because the realistic alternative is more difficult to
use (even Ubuntu has a sharp learning curve).

Best,
Griffin Boyce