Hi all,

For those that aren't aware, 800,000 Rohingya people in Burma are being cut off from communication as the military and government try to drive them out of the country. Over 100,000 are being starved to death in concentration camps, the rest are driven into boats which neighbouring countries are refusing to allow to land. There have been two large scale massacres as well, one in June, one in October. Our contacts have been saying for weeks there is another massacre planned for the end of March, but even if there weren't, they are living in houses made of straw and plastic bags with no food or medical aid and the rains are coming. This is a full scale genocide supported by the current Burma/Myanmar government. Media and aid groups are blocked and the people are jailed just for having a TV, they have no phones.

More information, check out over 100 pages of links here http://topsy.com/s/georgiebc+Rohingya?window=a the #Rohingya tag on Twitter or google.

We have a way to hopefully get some journalists in to document war crimes. We need satellite phones for the Rohingya people as well, as many as possible, donated would be great. If anyone has any ideas for a good phone source it would be appreciated.

All the best,

Heather Marsh

@GeorgieBC on Twitter