On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Sean Cassidy <sean.a.cass...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I have created a simple anonymity network that broadcasts all messages
>> to participants so that you cannot associate chatters.
>> https://bitbucket.org/scassidy/dinet
>
> See also: https://bitmessage.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> (I have some reservations about the design-as-of-last-I-looked:  The
> round trip required to obtain the far-end's public key significantly
> degrades the security properties— but they've been actively developing
> it, so that may well have been fixed by now).

A friend of mine sent me this as well when I told him about it. My
main concern with Bitmessage is the size and complexity of the
protocol. My protocol is just a struct:

struct dinet_packet {
    uint8_t id[16]; // prefix + random in the default client
    uint8_t data[1024];
    uint8_t checksum[32]; // SHA-256 checksum of the previous two
fields, to avoid flooding the network with duplicate packets
};

Should be easier to analyze and study, I would think.

Sean