Hi Ben,

Ben Laurie <b...@links.org> wrote:
>On 28 July 2013 12:44, Bernard Tyers - ei8fdb <ei8...@ei8fdb.org>
>wrote:
>>
>> For those interested, these two forwarded mails mention two separate
>"secure" Jabber servers with "no-logging". I cannot vouch for the
>validity of them.
>>
>> IMO, any alternative to running the now closed (as in no non-GTalk
>users can talk directly) Google Talk service.
>
>There's also OTR, of course: http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/. Doesn't
>hide who's talking to who, but does hide >content.

Yes definitely agree. I use it and suggest it to everyone I know.

The point here was running a self-hosted XMPP server which allows you to
communicate with anyone running XMPP which allows users on different servers
to communicate, unlike GTalk or Facebook.

Sent from my tiny electronic gadget. Please excuse my brevity and (probable)
spelling mistakes.