https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6166886

Chrome security guy takes it up with the Mashable article author.

Chrome guy:  This is what users expect!  They expect to see their passwords
in plain text.  You are expecting us to provide them with a false sense of
security.

um...  alrighty then...

yrs,
SN

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Kyle Maxwell <ky...@xwell.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Patrick Mylund Nielsen
> <cryptogra...@patrickmylund.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Kyle Maxwell <ky...@xwell.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Must every app data store reinvent the wheel rather than use operating
> >> system functionality?
> >>

> > Agree in theory, but do all operating systems have standard data stores
> that
> > are encrypted with the user's password? They don't.
>
> Understood and point taken - but in general I'd rather point users
> towards better password management than the browser in any case,
> whether that's something like Lastpass / Keepass or something else
> entirely. *insert pointless rant about how passwords are a terribly
> broken model in the first place*
>
> --
> @kylemaxwell
> --
> Liberationtech list is public and archives are searchable on Google. Too

Shava Nerad
shav...@gmail.com
--
Liberationtech list is public and archives are searchable on Google. Too many