On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 8:30 AM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteayme...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What do you mean by "since we can't compile it after inspecting the source
> code"?
>
> It's only 1000 lines of javascript for nodejs using two other well known
> modules, there is no compilation, you run it like this

s/compile/minify/

Yes it is only 1000 lines, except for that one suspiciously minified line.
I'm sure someone could check it if they really wanted to, but dang that'd
be annoying. At that point they might consider just re-writing it.

> And there are no plans to package it in a .exe or other for the very
> reason that you mention, even if some people asked for it
>
> And probably it would be good that you take a look at the posting history
> and projects of the "someone", as well as what people think about the tool,
> before advising what should be on this list or not

Your past posting history does not affect the content of this post. Neither
does other people's opinion of your tool.

> I indeed did hesitate to post it here because I knew that such discussions
> would come, unfortunately shadowing more productive ones and the
> interesting part

Yes it's unfortunate that you chose to create this code in a away that it
sends you money every time it's used, attempted to use copyright law to
prevent people from changing that fact, and then posted it here. Don't put
the blame on others for discussing that fact.