On 21/02/18 02:50, Harald Geyer wrote:
Andy Green writes:
Libuv seems to manage it just fine.

libuv used to depend on libev, so that's no surprise. It wouldn't do for
libuv to conflict it's own dependency ...

libuv is also clean against libevent, unlike libev :-)

it's not going to change no matter what I say.

That's probably true: Even if you had a convincing use case for including
libevent and libev headers in the same source file, Marc can't make it
happen: This would be forcing an API change on all users of libev. Ie make
their progamms stop compiling from one version to the next.

If someone had replied with that, I can understand it. But they reply with attacks on the user.

Although we could have discussed the ins and outs of that if this was a good-faith discussion and not a sandbagging. For example OpenSSL has a bazillion api versions but it can be managed with OPENSSL_VERSION. If that's not applicable, okay, we could have arrived at that and gone away knowing that.

Maybe you can borrow some ideas or even some code from them.

Maybe you can fix your library headers.  Or maybe not.

-Andy

HTH,
Harald