On 21/02/18 11:21, Marc Lehmann wrote:

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 07:26:03AM +0800, Andy Green <a...@warmcat.com> wrote:

Anyhow, I don't think this is the right place for introductory programming

You brought this subject up.

I pointed at a solution to your problem, which you claimed isn't a
solution because your prtogramming skills weren't good enough to be

*shrug* I guess you think personalizing this make you sound cool and I am supposed to get upset.

Since you did nothing, it remains both libev and libevent define EV_READ and other things to different values. Otherwise, the two sets of headers coexist well. Here is a reminder of the great state of affairs:

libevent says

/usr/include/event2/event.h:#define EV_READ        0x02
/usr/include/event2/event.h:#define EV_WRITE    0x04

and libev says

  EV_READ     =            0x01, /* ev_io detected read will not block */
  EV_WRITE    =            0x02, /* ev_io detected write will not block */

It must have took a long time to write the rest... <snip>

-Andy