On Nov 4, 2007, at 8:13 AM, Marc Lehmann wrote:
This would create additional loops (event_bases). The difference is that these cannot handle signals (or child watchers) at all, with the default loop
being the only one to do signal handling.

This seems like a totally sane approach to me. Having multiple loops is a big performance win for some applications (e.g., memcached in multithreaded mode), so making the behavior a bit more consistent is a good thing.

Now if only there were a way to wake just one thread up when input arrives on a descriptor being monitored by multiple threads... But that isn't supported by any of the underlying poll mechanisms as far as I can tell.

-Steve