On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 09:56:44PM -0800, Scott Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > returning from event_loop, leaving the app unclear on what has happened
> > and what to do.
> >
> > In any case, you can get the same behaviour as libevent by calling unloop
> > in case of an error, so the interface is strictly more powerful.
>
> Another reason this is undesirable: to get the libevent behavior, I'd
> have to have this logic in *every callback* to get the same behavior.

Hmm, one could actually roll this into the libevent compatibility
layer. I'll think about this (didn't occur to me before).

Note, however, that I think the libevent interface is undesirable, as it
leaves me unclear on what happened and no reasonable way to recover (e.g.
in the case of EBADF in select).

Also, with libevent, you would need similar logic around each call to
event_add/del and so on, because those can all fail in libevent, so its just
a different place, really.

(And I do think I will provide an oom-error handler for this specific
case, as it is about the only generic error that isn't specific to some
watcher).

Thanks for these ideas,

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]