On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 09:50:54AM -0800, Scott Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >leaves me unclear on what happened and no reasonable way to recover (e.g.
> >in the case of EBADF in select).
>
> No, as I said before, libevent retains errno. I've attached a
> demonstration program. If it doesn't return 0 when run against your
> libevent emulation layer, your code is broken.

Libev actually pinpoints the faulty fd and tells the callback, which
belongs to the part of the code that actually created the event watcher in
the first place.

libevent doesn't allow you to do that. so even when errno tells you ebadf,
you can do nothing about it, because you cnanot identify the event watcher
responsible for it.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]