Hi! I'm starting a project in which I would like to use asynchronous event
notification in a multi-threaded server. I've been following libevent releases
and it's extensive use on a lot of other projects like memcached, etc since
many years ago and always thought it would be the best lib for async for my
purposes. But recently I've found libev
(http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libev.html) and it's great features
(http://cvs.schmorp.de/libev/README) and performance
(http://libev.schmorp.de/bench.html). But, since, libevent is, apparently, most
used in a lot of other projects, I'm giving credits to it besides libev
features.

What make me post here to ask if it's possible to you (libevent staff) to share
what it's coming (features and theorical-release-date) on the next release
(dunno if will be called 1.5 or 2.0).

I've been reading your mailing lists a long time ago and following all threads
about multithreaded questions like having an acceptor thread which delivers
fd's to another threads to process request. Basically my project design will be
based on a pool of threads waiting to events on fd's 'listened' on one or more
acceptor threads. I found this explanation posted on your home page
(http://monkeymail.org/archives/libevent-users/2007-January/000450.html) about
multithreaded use of libevent, but pipe() is not the way I though in passing
messages from one thread to another, even the fd's from acceptors to the
thread-pool.

Do you think that in the next release 1.5/2.0 this behavior should be well
implemented, instead of using libev features any time soon?

I would like to thank you for your effort in having this great lib, so
programing in Unix-land for async events it's that hard!

Thanks and best wishes to all of you!

Best regards,
Raine

PD: Sorry for the bad english... :(