On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 10:14 AM, Victor Eijkhout <eijkh...@tacc.utexas.edu>
wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2018, at 9:38 AM, John Peterson <jwpeter...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think you may be using an older version of libmesh
>

> Could be. I’ve just moved up to 1.2.1. That does take away all the
> compiler options errors.
>
> Can you dictate me the configure flags to use my metis/parmetis rather
> than you compiling your own?

We currently only support the "--with-metis=PETSc" option to use the
Metis/ParMetis which was downloaded and installed during the PETSc
installation.

Configure & make logs for 1.2.1 attached.

I'd say you are missing a -lpython (and possibly other libraries) in your
libmesh_optional_LIBS, but this is just a guess based on Googling the first
undefined reference (PyType_IsSubtype).

The right way to link against Python might be by calling something like
"python-config --libs" on your system,  but since you are using
"pytrilinos" an even better approach might be to find a Trilinos Makefile
or configuration file that gives you the right list of libraries to link
against.

--
John