On Wed, 13 Jun 2018, John Peterson wrote:

MPI is already initialized in LibMeshInit, so no need to do this manually
unless your real code does MPI communication before LibMeshInit...

  MPI_Finalize();

MPI_Finalize is called in the LibMeshInit destructor, no need to call it
manually.

Just to clarify: there's no need to call MPI_Finalize manually
*unless* you also called MPI_Init manually.  If we see that you've
already initialized MPI yourself then we leave you with the
responsibility to finalize yourself too.
---
Roy