Dear Libmesh develepers,

I want to create different instances of mesh on several MPI processes. Then I
want to output the mesh from one MPI process.

I am facing problems with the following code:

#include "libmesh/libmesh.h"
#include "libmesh/mesh_generation.h"
#include "libmesh/mesh.h"
int main(int argc, char ** argv)
{

  MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
  {
    libMesh::LibMeshInit init (argc, argv,MPI_COMM_WORLD);
    libMesh::Mesh mesh(libMesh::Parallel::Communicator(MPI_COMM_SELF));
    libMesh::MeshTools::Generation::build_cube (mesh,
                                                10, 10, 5, 0.0, 2.0, 0.0, 3.0,
0.0, 4.0,libMesh::HEX8);

    int rank;
    MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &rank);

    if (rank == 0)
    {
      mesh.write("mesh1.vtu");
    }
  }
  MPI_Finalize();
  return 0;
}

The problems are as follows:

Problem #1) If I run the code in serial, I'm getting warning:

Warning:  This MeshOutput subclass only supports meshes which have been
serialized!
Warning:  This MeshOutput subclass only supports meshes which have been
serialized!
The .pvtu extension should be used when writing VTK files in libMesh.

My question:

a) how to avoid the first waning about the mesh not being serialized?

b) I tried to change the filename to mesh1.pvtu

In this case I'm getting an error message:

ERROR: Unrecognized file extension: mesh1.pvtu
   I understand the following:

     *.dat   -- Tecplot ASCII file
     *.e     -- Sandia's ExodusII format
     *.exd   -- Sandia's ExodusII format
     *.fro   -- ACDL's surface triangulation file
     *.gmv   -- LANL's GMV (General Mesh Viewer) format
     *.mesh  -- MEdit mesh format
     *.mgf   -- MGF binary mesh format
     *.msh   -- GMSH ASCII file
     *.n     -- Sandia's Nemesis format
     *.nem   -- Sandia's Nemesis format
     *.plt   -- Tecplot binary file
     *.poly  -- TetGen ASCII file
     *.ucd   -- AVS's ASCII UCD format
     *.ugrid -- Kelly's DIVA ASCII format
     *.unv   -- I-deas Universal format
     *.vtu   -- VTK (paraview-readable) format
     *.xda   -- libMesh ASCII format
     *.xdr   -- libMesh binary format,

 Exiting without writing output

Problem #2) If I run the code in serial, namely mpiexec -n 2 a.out, then the
program gets frozen.

It is frozen in the output.

Thank you for your help,

Michael.