https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173677

Neil Roberts <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]

--- Comment #3 from Neil Roberts <[email protected]> ---
I vote for keeping the bug open. I use the dialog fairly often and I confirm
it’s slow to the point of feeling like something has gone wrong.

Even if there is no easy solution we can keep the bug open in case someone is
motivated to implement a non-trivial solution.

An alternative idea might be to open the dialog with most of the controls
disabled and then have a loading message while processing the XML in the
background. That way there would at least be some sort of feedback that it
hasn’t just ignored your attempt to open the dialog.

Or maybe there is a way to break up the parsing into pieces so that each
category is loaded on demand.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to