https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173775

--- Comment #3 from [email protected] ---
Well, mea culpa, because my editing work focuses almost exclusively on .docx
files.

By narrowing down the situation to .docx files, I was able to replicate the
problem more reliably.

1. I created a new Writer document and added some sample text.
2. I saved that document as a .docx (Word 2010-365 Document Format.)
3. I then enabled Track Changes.
4. I deleted some sample text and added some right next to it.
5. I generated a comment that spanned both suggested deletion/addition.
6. I saved, closed, and reopened.

Here's the fun part: the bug didn't crop up, but I've been experiencing it in
actual documents, so I know it exists.

7. I added another comment across both the suggested deletion/addition.
8. I saved as .docx again.
9. I closed and reopened the document.
10. Voila, the problem cropped up.


The original sample text was:

Testing testing one two three.

The suggested deletion removed "one two three."
The suggested addition was "for heaven's sake"

After all steps were completed, the second comment was exed out, and the part
of the suggested addition that it covered -- "aven's sake" -- was presented as
suggested-to-be-deleted text.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to