https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103213

--- Comment #5 from Dirk W. <dirk....@t-online.de> ---
Ok, Alex and Julian, first thank you for your comments

Second: I apologize for to „›forgot‹ to mention is that [my] ODB file links to
an Access mdb file (Buecher/mdb).“ The thing is: I did not come to the idea,
that Access could have to do something with it. In my operation system (Win 10
Pro 64), LO-Writer (4.3.7.2) has no problems to open the „Buecher.odb“. With
deinstalling LO-Writer 4.3.7.2 and installing version 5.2.2.2 (x64) the
problems started. This is my first bug-report in life, so I did not see any
relation to the mdb (Access).

Now I have deinstalled version 5.2.2.2 and reinstalled version 4.3.7.2. But in
my OracleBox I have installed another Win 10 („Enterprise Evaluation“, 64bit)
and installed here again the 5.2.2.2 (x64) version of LO.

The problems remain, also I created in C:\ a temp-folder (and below a
database-folder), where I copied the files like Julian said.

In my real desktop (Win 10 Pro 64, LO 4.7.3.2) I create a odb-file like this
(and there is no problem):

I take „Connect to an existing database“ and select in the Pulldownmenu
„Microsoft Access“ (not 2007). I go – for example – to „Buecher.mdb“, confirm
(„Finish“) and then I could save a new database.

In my OracleBox (Win 10 Enterprise 64, LO 5.2.2.2) this happens:

I take „Connect to an existing database“ and select in the Pulldownmenu
„Microsoft Access“ (not 2007). I go – for example – to „Buecher.mdb“, confirm
(„Finish“) and then I could save a new database, what I’m doing. But then the
database wizard opens and this error message arises:

   „The connection to the data source "New Database" could not be established.

    The connection could not be created. May be the necessary data provider is
not installed.“ (SQL Status: HY000)

After this, LO does not froze at least and I could exit LO. But if I mark
„Tables“ left then the first error description goes on (frozing).

Note: In my real desktop no MS-Access is installed. I have another OracleBox
with (good old) WinXP, where Access 2.0 (16bit, 1994) is installed. Here I
change my tables. In my real desktop I only look at the tables through LO Base.

Another note: I installed Java 64 too besides Java 32 (like in „bug 97395“ is
recommended) but that didn’t help.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
_______________________________________________
Libreoffice-bugs mailing list
Libreoffice-bugs@lists.freedesktop.org
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice-bugs

Reply via email to