Rainer Bielefeld píše v St 15. 02. 2012 v 13:28 +0100:
> Petr Mladek schrieb:
>
> >> LibreOffice 3.5.0
> >> Build ID: libreoffice-3.5.0.3

Hmm, I do not like "LibreOffice twice. :-)

> Hi Petr,
>
> indeed, i Rea several questions in user mailing lists.
>
> I prefer your suggestion (or similar):
>
> Version: 3.5
> Tag: 3.x.y.z
> Buid-ID: iwohm-noinaog-nzorioinoih-mfowiom

These might be too many lines :-)

Also detecting the tag might be a bit error prone. If you want to
extract a tag in git, it creates just another branch. I am not sure how
to safely detect that it was created from a branch.

What about having the following for the beta builds:

        LibreOffice 3.5.0beta1
        BuildID: iwohm-noinaog-nzorioinoih-mfowiom

and the following for rc builds:

        LibreOffice 3.5.0.x
        BuildID: iwohm-noinaog-nzorioinoih-mfowiom

, where .x means the number of the release candidate. Such micro numbers
have also other applications in the about dialog.

By other words, I would replace the human readable string (alpha, beta,
rc) with just a number for the release candidates and keep it for
alpha-s and beta-s.

It sounds like a good compromise. What do you think?

Best Regards,
Petr