Hi Joel

jmadero wrote
>> If a user is able to tell that a bug was introduced between 4.0.0 and
>> 4.0.1,
>> a bibisect in that range should be able to find the problematic
>> commit/patch?
>> What would be the advantage to have the user install 4.0.0 Beta1, Beta2,
>> RC1, etc?
>
> Bibisect is really only at this point useful for Linux because the
> documentation on OSX and Windows is still below par. That's at least my
> understanding - have you tried to bibisect on other platforms?

No, I never tried bibisect on Windows. But Sophie volunteered to give me a
hand if I decided to try so I assume it is possible.

Again, what would be the advantage to have the user install 4.0.0 Beta1,
Beta2, RC1, etc? Reducing the search range to a 0.0.1 isn't good enough?
Does the full footwork have to be on the QA side?

Regards,
Pedro