Hi Caolán,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 09:18:24AM +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 09:32 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> >
> > When Styles and Formatting is open in one type of document, and you
> > open/start another (type of) document, the window will be shown too.
> > The same applies for the Navigator.
> >
> > Whether you like the Stylist in Calc or not, of course is a personal
> > thing. But indeed one could argue that showing it with opening a
> > document, should be bound to the specific module.
>
> Yeah, this bugged me for ages. Personally I'd like the style and
> formatting window in different modules like writer and calc to use
> different per-module settings for their position, docked/non-docked and
> shown/non-shown. As you say styles and formatting is far more useful in
> writer than calc, and I like styles and formatting to be shown and
> docked in writer, but not shown in calc by default, and when I do want
> to see it there I would like it to be a normal floating window.

There's also the matter of Impress: the Style and Formatting module is
completely useless there. New styles can't be created or custom styles
applied to the document.
The inability to use style in Impress is a real turn-down but I'm afraid
the problem is bigger than the developer's list.

Is there a process to tackle (re)design issues ?

--
Francois Tigeot